Diamond Buying Guide
Looking for a perfect guide to give you precise knowledge and confidence to buy diamonds? Look no further, We’ve got you covered. Give us your valuable 5 minutes, so we can ensure that you make the best value for your money.
What should one look for while buying diamonds?
Buying your first diamonds is like achieving a milestone in your life. It’s a feeling, emotion and an asset at the same time. To buy your first diamond you should consider the occasion for the purchase. Whether it is for self-love or for gifting it to some loved one.
Out of 4 Cs of Diamond Grading, the Cut is the most important factor of all. While rest Cs are determined by nature this particular C is determined by us, the humans.
Clarity is the second C of the 4Cs. Clarity is an assessment of the imperfection present in the diamond and on the surface of the diamond. These imperfections inside the diamond are called inclusion and the ones on the outside are called blemishes.
|Flawless (FL)||No inclusions and no blemishes visible under 10x magnification|
|Internally Flawless (IF)||No inclusions visible under 10x magnification|
|Very, Very Slightly Included (VVS1 and VVS2)||Inclusions so slight they are difficult for a skilled grader to see under 10x magnification|
|Very Slightly Included (VS1 and VS2)||Inclusions are observed with effort under 10x magnification but can be regarded as minor|
|Slightly Included (SI1 and SI2)||Inclusions are noticeable under 10x magnification|
|D||Absolutely colourless with a pure icy look. The highest quality of a diamond colour, which is extremely rare.|
|E – F||Colourless. Very negligible traces of colour can be noticed by an expert gemmologist.|
|G – H||Near-colourless. Colour noticeable when compared to diamonds of better grades, but no discernible colour.|
|I – J, K||Colour slightly detectable. Budget- friendly choice.|
Carat is the 4th C of the 4Cs. It is mostly misunderstood as the size of the diamond but actually it is determined by the weight of the diamond. Higher weight of diamond means higher value of diamond. Sometimes two equal weight diamonds have different values because of the quality of the diamond.
Although the 5th C is not introduced by the GIA. It still holds a valuable impact on your purchase. The 5th C stands for Confidence. Calysta promises the 100% real diamonds with all the certificates. Have faith in us and be Confident.
We hope we cleared all your basics and made you a little diamond expert. Now you can shop with confidence. If still anything occurs we got you covered, send us your query anytime you need help on our chat support.
Tips To Buy Your First Diamond
All set to buy your first diamond? Nervous? Confused? Don’t worry we are here for you. Presenting some tips and tricks for you to buy your first diamond with full confidence.
A very first question that arises is – what is the occasion for you to buy diamonds. We know you are too smart and already have an answer in your mind. So with that answer you are going to decide which is a perfect diamond for you. Whether you are buying for yourself or for someone else or it’s for a particular festival or a close event like engagement, wedding etc.
Second but the most important question while diamond shopping. What is your budget? Setting a budget solves many questions. It also gives you a clear vision of what to buy, which quality to look for and what quantity to buy. A set budget can help you make a vise decision and not to forget we have 4Cs with us to help us throughout. 4Cs – colour, carat, clarity and cut. Also, not to forget about our 5thC which is confidence buy with Calysta.
Occasion is sorted. Budget is figured out. We have our basic 4Cs knowledge with us so what’s next? Next is our certificates. Certificates denote the trust that your purchase is authentic. A certificate will be your stone’s marksheet. A mark sheet which holds up all the factors which is important for its valuation. This certificate is a trust card of authenticity. Gems are certified by gemological institute of america (GIA), solitaire gemological laboratories ltd. (SGL) etc.
Still feeling anxious? Hoping to have an expert by your side whom you can trust?
Well we know this feeling. Investing your hard earned money you hope that you’re making the right decision with it.
Your family and close friends are always there for you and will also be happy to help you out in every step of your life. Plus, an additional benefit to it is you also have a second opinion and someone to validate your purchase.
Still looking around? Calysta jewels are always by your side. Call us up or feel free to text us on our chat support anytime. We will help you out.
Ring Size Guide
Ring sizing chart for measuring your finger size
Above size chart will be helpful for you to determine your ring size. We also have easy peasy tricks to measure your ring size.
- Take a thread or a thin paper strip
- Wrap the thread/ paper strip around your finger.
- Mark the spot where the thread paper strip meets
- Measure the length of the thread/paper strip with your ruler.
- Use the following chart to figure out your ring size.
|Ring Size (Indian)||Circumference|
|Ring Size (Indian)||Circumference|
Another trick to measure your ring size is above.
- Take your Ring and place it on a scale/ruler.
|Ring Size (Indian)||Diameter|
|Ring Size (Indian)||Diameter|
Why do one should look for certificates
Certificates are a trust card and a symbol of its authenticity. It’s a card that will make buyers more confident while purchasing and sellers more sure to get the true value of your stone. These certificates are issued by the gemological labs and are acceptable by everyone be it in any location or marketplace.
Our Jewellery Certification Partners
- Solitaire gemmological laboratories ltd. (SGL) is an international gem testing lab. Reposts given by them are trusted by jewellers and by customers. Their reports represent the standard of reliability, integrity and consistency. SGL certificate gives assurance of the quality and the authenticity of the diamond. Visit their website for more details: solitaire-labs.com
- International gemological institute (IGI) is a trusted certificate to buy or sell your diamond with confidence. IGI is a largest organisation of its kind with several offices around the world. The certificate issued by them is a sign of purity and is acceptable by everyone.
- The gemological institute of america (GIA) offers a certificate to the diamonds which is universally acceptable as a quality of diamond. Customers trust GIA for the quality and authentic diamond purchase. It provides accurate gem details to the customers. Visit their website for more details: giaindia.in
- The BIS hallmark is a certificate for the gold and silver purity. This certificate ensures that the gold or silver purchased by you is authentic and within the specifications set by the Bureau of Indian Standards which is the national standard organisation of India. The hallmark on jewellery consists of the BIS logo, HUID and three digit number that denotes its purity. This certificate is highly reputed and acceptable by consumers
Visit their website for more details: www.bis.org.in